Since 2018, one of the activities of MZTA together with the engineering company LLC "ArmaRus" is research and development in the field of natural and technical sciences, in particular:
- in November 2018, a method was developed and a pilot plant for producing methanol by the method of thermal oxidation of methane was manufactured, and the product itself was obtained;
- in August 2018, a method was developed and a pilot plant for liquefying methane using a vortex tube was manufactured, and the product itself was obtained. In December 2019, the methane liquefaction plant was modernized (added automation and product separation);
- in April 2020, together with LLC “ArmaRus”, research began in obtaining such products as fullerenes, a water-soluble form of fullerenol, fullerites and silicon carbides;
- in March 2020, a pilot plant for the production of polyaromatic compounds from associated natural gas was manufactured, and the product itself was obtained;
- in November 2020, a pilot plant for microencapsulation of colloidal raw materials (caviar) with a fraction range from 0.35 to 3 mm was developed and manufactured;
- in November 2020, a demonstration stand was made for testing a plasma hydrogen generator with an energy consumption of 4 kW / h of electricity per 1 cubic meter of hydrogen. At the moment, the stand is located at the production site of LLC "MZTA" to obtain the specified characteristics;
- in February 2021, together with LLC "ArmaRus", a unit for polarization of dilution steam used in the pyrolysis of hydrocarbons was developed, which contributes to an increase in the amount of useful product yield, as well as to reduce coking of pipelines; an industrial prototype of an installation for saturating the polarization of a process stream of heavy oil products has been developed, leading to a quantitative increase in the production of light hydrocarbons.
Within the framework of the memorandum of cooperation with the Russian State University of Oil and Gas (NRU) named after I.M. Gubkina
dated September 23, 2019, a report on the study of the created equipment was prepared:
"Block for saturation of polarization of the technological stream" G4C-WN20 "for electromagnetic preparation of a stream of high-viscosity heavy oil residues by applying microwave EMF before low-temperature (+ 400 ° C) coking."
In November 2019, being an Industrial Partner with the Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science of the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis named after I. A.V. Topchiev Russian Academy of Sciences (TIHS RAS) signed an Agreement on co-financing and further use of the results of PNER # RFMEFI60719X0296-IP. At the moment (April 2021), within the framework of the current cooperation, a plant for "obtaining aromatic compounds from carbon dioxide and methane" has been manufactured, the Report is being prepared.
To develop the direction of "research and development in the field of natural and technical sciences", the company annually spends at least 10% of the company's net profit.